Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Day 1


I don't think I have ever been more excited about a package coming through FedEx, I literally was like a small child awaiting Santa. I immediately opened the box and read through everything.... five times. I was extra excited to try my new flavors of spark-and of coarse they didn't let me down!
So day 1 went really well; I was nervous with the cleanse.... I keep hearing that it's "gentle and uneventful" but who really is the judge of that? Well for me yes it was uneventful, and I've already taken my fiber this morning: still is "gentle and uneventful". So I started with my spark and my catalyst then I had breakfast and my fiber drink about half an hour later. The fiber drink tastes fine, the texture is what gets me at the end, but for being fiber not bad at all. I ate an apple, an egg, and quinoa; I didn't want anything complicated but I did want to be full and I was! I honestly hadn't gone grocery shopping yet and was waiting til nighttime to go to the store so I didn't have much variety as far as food went for the day. My mid morning snack was an apple and a spark :) My lunch again was an egg, quinoa, and corn. Then my afternoon snack was fresh blueberries. I had a couple catalyst then did a leg workout and I really felt an extra boost of energy within my workout! For dinner I didn't want to do ANOTHER egg so I did a meal replacement shake with my omegaplex. 
Finally I went to the grocery store, here are the basics of my list (mostly all organic)
Spinach
Asparagus
Cucumbers
Tomatoes
Lentils
Quinoa 
Strawberries
Apples
Chicken breast
Tuna in water
Salmon
Eggs
Light dressing 

So finally I got home climbed into bed and took my cleanse tablets and was ready to sleep (still gentle and uneventful). I drank lots of water throughout the day, which is hard for me but I constantly kept my water bottle in sight. Now yesterday I had off but I do work today and I work a job that isn't the easiest to stay on schedule with breaks so I am going to have to work a little harder to stay on schedule. But overall so far I do see a big change in my energy and I feel like my stomach is a little tighter looking! 

As far as my goals go I don't have a specific weight I want to get to, because for me I have very muscular thighs that weigh a ton; by taking the catalyst I am helping in the preservation of my muscles. I know that muscle weighs more than fat and if I lost all my fat and I through my weight training gained muscle I still would be happy. I want to see a difference visibly and with a tape measure. I am like most girls out there and no matter what I do my "abs" are cushioned... Well I don't want the cushion anymore. I am a relatively small person but I have always been very self conscious about my stomach and my inner thighs; even with all the miles I used to run I never could get rid of it. I took pictures of all angles of my body and used a tape measure to measure all the points of my body I cared about and wrote them down. I had my husband hide the pictures on his phone because I was embarrassed to look at them. 
My goal: with the 24 day challenge I want to tighten up my stomach and thighs and have an overall more toned look all over my body. 
I would suggest for somebody trying to lose a specific amount of weight to write that down and I even saw on Pinterest neat ideas of keeping track I'll post a picture below! It's always good to write down your goals so you keep yourself accountable and it's a great reminder; for races I used to write my goal on every mirror in the house, it worked! 


No comments:

Post a Comment